Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon is normally known as Eggs Royale. For most people, it is the ultimate Sunday brunch recipe. It’s healthy, delicious, and an easy to whip up luxurious treat. If you’re staying at home on the weekends or expecting some guests, this late breakfast classic can be easily doubled to feed a crowd. We’re sharing our recipe below. Enjoy!
Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 English muffins or bagels, halved
- a little butter, for spreading
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- chopped chives, to serve (optional)
For the Hollandaise sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- 125g unsalted butter, diced
1. First make the Hollandaise sauce. Put the lemon juice and vinegar in a small bowl, add the egg yolks and whisk with a balloon whisk until light and frothy. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk until mixture thickens. Gradually add the butter, whisking constantly until thick – if it looks like it might be splitting, then whisk off the heat for a few mins. Season and keep warm.
2. To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat so that the water is simmering gently. Stir the water so you have a slight whirlpool, then slide in the eggs one by one. Cook each for about 4 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
3. Lightly toast and butter the muffins or the bagels, then put a couple of slices of salmon on each half. Top each with an egg, spoon over some Hollandaise and garnish with chopped chives.
If you end up making Eggs Benedict using this recipe, please let us know and don’t forget to tag #chsmokehouse on Instagram.